It’s hard to believe engagement season is close to wrapping up! With nearly 40 % of couples getting engaged between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day (according to the AP), we thought we’d share 5 tips to help you get started with your planning.
1. BUDGET–Before you plan anything, sit down with your partner and anyone else contributing to your big day and come to an agreement on a number. A budget will decision making easier and without it, things can easily get out of hand.
2. VENUE FIRST—The venue choice should be the next to do on your list because their availability will determine your date. Don’t set a date or book any other vendors without securing your venue first.
3. LIKE YOUR BACK UP PLAN—If you are planning an outside wedding, make sure you are happy with your Plan B. Of course you hope you will never have to use it, but if it rains and the ceremony is moved to an inside location, will you be ok with that? If not, keep looking! It’s your big day and you don’t want a little change in weather taking away from your joy.
4. OPEN A CREDIT CARD—With all of the big expenses associated with putting on a wedding, it may be helpful to open a credit card with a rewards program so that you can get a little something back. You could use the travel points to book the honeymoon! Plus, using one card will help you keep track of your expenses and keep you on budget.
5. CONTRACT CHANGES—Once you’ve signed your contracts with your venue and vendors, have any changes in writing, even just an email. That helps keep everyone accountable and there are no surprises on your wedding day.
Pilar and Natalie